Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Teenage Dating: Questions To consider

One concern I have heard voiced by parents of teens who are beginning to date is how much freedom they should give their teenager and should they allow their teenager and their boyfriend / girlfriend to ever be alone. Both questions are tricky and somewhat specific to each family’s situation. Some things to keep in mind when making this decision in your situation are:
  • Is my teenager generally responsible?
  • Does my teenager generally make healthy decisions?
  • Do I know at least a little about my teen’s boyfriend or girlfriend?
  • Do I think my teenager will let me know if something is wrong?
  • Does my teenager generally have good boundaries and decent self esteem?
  • What parameters can I put in place to allow my teen a little freedom which can gradually increase as we feel this situation out further?
Go to Elite Life Coaching for additional parenting resources, to sign up for our newsletter and to get information on our coaching packages and specials!

No comments: